Congratulations to Regan Reaney, pictured with some of the great staff at Maple Leaf Self Storage, who picked up his prize package valued at $7,000!
MAPLE LEAF SELF STORAGE: GRAND OPENING CUSTOMIZE YOUR SUMMER STORE AND SCORE CONTEST
THE MAPLE LEAF SELF STORAGE: GRAND OPENING CUSTOMIZE YOUR SUMMER STORE AND SCORE CONTEST (THE “CONTEST”) IS INTENDED TO BE CONDUCTED IN CANADA ONLY AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO APPLICABLE CANADIAN LAW. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. THE CONTEST IS OPEN TO CANADIAN RESIDENTS ONLY AND PARTICIPANTS MUST BE THE AGE OF MAJORITY OR OLDER IN THEIR PROVINCE OR TERRITORY OF RESIDENCE AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.VOID IN WHOLE OR IN PART WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE CONTEST RULES (THE “CONTEST RULES”).
1. ELIGIBILITY. To be eligible for this Contest, an individual must:
- (a) be a legal resident of the city of Calgary in the province of Alberta; and
- (b) be of the age of majority or older in his/her province or territory of residence at the time of entry.
Employees of Calgary Herald, a division of Postmedia Network Inc. (“Postmedia”) and Maple Leaf Self Storage Inc. (“Maple Leaf”) (Postmedia and Maple Leaf collectively, the "Sponsors"), their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, advertising and promotional agencies and the household members of any of the above, are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Sponsors shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility, in a form acceptable to the Sponsors, including without limitation, government issued photo identification, to participate in the Contest. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied to the Sponsors for the purpose of the Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant should such an entrant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
2. CONTEST PERIOD. The Contest begins at 12:01 a.m. Mountain Time (“MT”) on February 13, 2017 and ends at 5:00 p.m. MT on March 12, 2017 (the "Contest Period") after which time the Contest will be closed and no further entries shall be accepted.
3. HOW THE CONTEST WORKS.
(a) Entrants may enter the Contest using one of the methods described in Section 4 below. Entries shall be divided into two (2) categories: the Newspaper Entries (as defined below) and the In-Store Entries (as defined below).
(b) At the end of the Contest Period, one (1) Finalist (as defined below) shall be selected from all eligible Newspaper Entries received, and one (1) Finalist shall be selected from all eligible In-Store Entries received.
(c) Each Finalist shall then be eligible for the final draw, and the first Finalist drawn shall be selected as the Winner (as defined below).
4. HOW TO ENTER. There is no purchase necessary to enter the Contest. Enter using any of the methods of entry outlined below. No entries will be accepted by any other means:
(a) The following methods of entry are acceptable:
- (i) To enter in person, complete the ballot available at one (1) of the following Maple Leaf Self Storage locations during regular business hours:
- • Calgary – Country Hills, 11142 15th Street NE, Calgary, Alberta T3K 5Y8;
- • Calgary – Glenmore, 803 64 Avenue SE, Calgary, Alberta T2H 2C3; and
- • Calgary – Sunridge, 2883 Sunridge Way NE, Calgary, Alberta T1Y 7K7 and drop it in the ballot box available at each location before the end of the Contest Period (the “In-Store Entries”, each, an “In-Store Entry”).
- (ii) To enter online, complete and submit the entry form located at www.calgaryherald.com/storeandscore (the “Contest Website”) (the “Online Entries”, each, an “Online Entry”).
- (iii) For no purchase entries, clearly print your name, complete mailing address, daytime telephone number, email address and age at time of entry on a plain piece of paper, and submit it to the attention of Maple Leaf Self Storage: Grand Opening Customize Your Summer Store And Score Contest c/o Calgary Herald at 2615 12th Street NE, Calgary, Alberta T2E 7W9 (the “No Purchase Entries”, each, a “No Purchase Entry”).
(b) Limit of one (1) In-Store Entry and one (1) Online Entry or two (2) No Purchase Entries per person per day during the Contest Period. In the case of multiple entries, only the first eligible entry will be considered.
(c) Online Entries and No Purchase Entries are hereinafter collectively referred to as “Newspaper Entries”.
(d) All entries become the sole property of the Sponsors and none will be returned for any reason. Entries must be received no later than the end of the Contest Period. Entries will be declared invalid if they are late, illegible, incomplete, damaged, irregular, mutilated, forged, garbled or mechanically or electronically reproduced. No communication or correspondence will be exchanged with entrants except with those selected for a Prize (defined below).
(e) Entries submitted by mail must be received by the Sponsors no later than the end of the Contest Period, and each entry must be in a separate envelope bearing sufficient postage.
(f) Entries received online shall be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the entry. For the purpose of the Contest Rules, “authorized account holder" of an e-mail address is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Each selected entrant may be required to provide the Sponsors with proof that the selected entrant is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
(a) Finalist. There are two (2) finalist spots available to be filled. One (1) entrant will be selected by a random draw from all eligible In-Store Entries received during the Contest Period (the “In-Store Finalist”) and one (1) entrant will be selected from all Newspaper Entries received during the Contest Period (the “Newspaper Finalist”) (the In-Store Finalist and the Newspaper Finalist collectively known as “Finalists”, each, a “Finalist”). There is no value associated with being declared a Finalist.
(b) Prize. There is one (1) prize (the “Prize”) available to be won by the Prize winner (the “Winner”) consisting of the following:
(i) a rent-free contract for a period of six (6) months for a storage locker located at the Country Hills Maple Leaf Self Storage facility at 11142 15th Street NE, Calgary, Alberta T3K 5Y8; and
(ii) an outdoor living package, the colours, styles and model numbers to be selected by the Sponsors in their sole discretion, which shall include:
- one (1) Napoleon propane BBQ (tank not included);
- one (1) beverage centre; • one (1) five (5) piece patio furniture set;
- one (1) table and four (4) dining chairs;
- one (1) patio heater; and
- one (1) offset patio umbrella
(c) The Prize has an approximate value of Seven Thousand Dollars (CDN $7,000.00).
(d) The Winner is not entitled to monetary difference between actual Prize value and stated approximate Prize value, if any.
(e) The Prize will be distributed within seven (7) days after the Winner has been successfully contacted and notified of his/her Prize and fulfilled the requirements set out herein. The Prize must be claimed within twenty-one (21) days of notification of being selected as a Winner. Failure to claim the Prize within the allotted time period may result in your disqualification and forfeiture of all rights to the Prize (in the Sponsor’s sole discretion).
(f) The Winner will be required to sign a contract with Maple Leaf for a six (6) month rental of a self storage locker (the “Initial Rental Period”). There will be no rental fee charged to the Winner during the Initial Rental Period. Once the Winner has signed the contract for the Initial Rental Period, the Winner will be taken to a storage locker at the Country Hills Maple Leaf Storage location (the “Designated Locker”). The Winner will be provided with the combination to unlock the Designated Locker in order to claim the remaining items in the Prize which will be housed inside the Designated Locker.
(g) At the end of the Initial Rental Period, the Winner may choose to sign a new rental contract with Maple Leaf to rent the Designated Locker. Should the Winner sign a new rental contract for the Designated Locker, the Winner will be required to pay any and all rental and other fees associated with the new rental contract. If the Winner chooses not to sign a new rental contract for the Designated Locker after the Initial Rental Period, the Winner shall be responsible for removing any items from the Designated Locker prior to the end of the Initial Rental Period.
(h) The use of the Designated Locker is subject to additional terms and conditions as set forth in the rental contract and by Maple Leaf in their sole discretion. The Sponsors are not responsible for any damage or theft to items housed in the Designated Locker.
(i) Prizes must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsors. Any unused portion of a Prize will be forfeited and have no cash value. The Sponsors reserve the right, in its and their sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if a Prize (or any portion thereof) cannot be awarded for any reason.
(j) If Prizes are shipped, they shall not be insured and the Sponsors shall not assume any liability for lost, damaged or misdirected Prizes.
6. FINALIST SELECTION. Two (2) Finalists shall be selected as follows:
(a) On or about March 15, 2017 in Calgary, Alberta, one (1) entrant will be selected by a random draw from all eligible In-Store Entries received during the Contest Period as the In-Store Finalist and one (1) entrant will be selected from all Newspaper Entries received during the Contest Period as the Newspaper Finalist). Each entrant shall be eligible to fill only one (1) Finalist spot. The odds of being selected as a potential Finalist are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received by the Sponsors.
(b) If, as a result of an error relating to the entry process, drawing or any other aspect of the Contest, there are more selected entrants than contemplated in these Contest Rules, there will be a random draw amongst all eligible Finalists after the Contest’s closing date to award the correct number of Finalist spots.
7. WINNER SELECTION. One (1) Winner shall be selected as follows:
(a) On or about March 16, 2017 in Calgary, Alberta, one (1) entrant will be selected by a random draw from all eligible selected Finalists. Each entrant shall be eligible to win only one (1) Prize. The odds of being selected as a potential winner are one (1) in two (2). Before being declared a Winner, the selected Finalist shall meet all of the eligibility requirements and be required to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skilltesting question to be administered during a pre-arranged telephone call or by e-mail, to comply with the Contest Rules and sign and return the Release (described below).
(b) SELECTED ENTRANTS WILL BE NOTIFIED BY TELEPHONE OR E-MAIL. THE SPONSORS WILL CONTACT ALL SELECTED ENTRANTS NO LATER THAN MARCH 16, 2017 AT 12:00 P.M. MT AND MUST RESPOND WITHIN FORTY-EIGHT (48) HOURS OF NOTIFICATION. Upon notification, the selected entrant must respond by telephone to the contact number provided in the notification, and the selected entrant’s response must be received by the Sponsors within fortyeight (48) hours of such notification. If the selected entrant does not respond in accordance with the Contest Rules, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive a Prize and another entrant may be selected in the Sponsors’ sole discretion until such time as an entrant satisfies the terms set out herein. The Sponsors are not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a selected entrant to receive notification or for the Sponsors to receive a selected entrant’s response.
(c) If, as a result of an error relating to the entry process, drawing or any other aspect of the Contest, there are more selected entrants than contemplated in these Contest Rules, there will be a random draw amongst all eligible Prize claimants after the Contest’s closing date to award the correct number of Prizes.
8. RELEASE. Before being declared as a Winner, the selected entrant will be required to execute a legal agreement and release (the “Release”) that confirms his/her: (i) eligibility for the Contest and compliance with these Contest Rules; (ii) acceptance of the Prize as offered; (iii) release of each of the Sponsors, other parties related to the Contest and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and/or related companies and each of their employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents, sponsors, administrators, licensees, representatives, advertising, media buying and promotional agencies (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense arising out of participation in the Contest, participation in any Contest-related activity or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any Prize, including but not limited to costs, injuries, losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising therefrom; and (iv) grant to the Sponsors of the unrestricted right, in the Sponsors’ collective or individual discretion, to produce, reproduce, publish, reproduce, convert, broadcast, communicate by telecommunication, exhibit, distribute, translate, adapt and otherwise use and re-use the Winner’s name, photograph, likeness, voice and biography in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, in connection with the Contest and the promotion and exploitation thereof. The executed Release must be returned within two (2) business days of an entrant receiving verification that he/she has been selected as a Winner or the selected entrant will be disqualified and the Prize forfeited.
9. INDEMNIFICATION BY ENTRANT. By entering the Contest, entrant releases and holds Releasees harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to the entrant or any other person, including personal injury, death, or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any Prize, participation in the Contest, any breach of the Contest Rules, or in any Prize-related activity. The entrant agrees to fully indemnify Releasees from any and all claims by third parties relating to the Contest, without limitation.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. The Sponsors assume no responsibility or liability for lost, late, unintelligible/illegible, falsified, damaged, misdirected or incomplete entries, notifications, responses, replies or any Release, or, as applicable, for any computer, online, software, telephone, hardware or technical malfunctions that may occur, including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an entry. The Sponsors are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by, as applicable, website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest. The Sponsors assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Sponsors are not responsible for any problems, failures or technical malfunction of, as applicable, any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, e-mail, players, or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing. The Sponsors are not responsible for any injury or damage to entrant or, as applicable, to any computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Contest. Entrant assumes liability for injuries caused or claimed to be caused by participating in the Contest, or by the acceptance, possession, use of, or failure to receive any Prize. The Sponsors assume no responsibility or liability in the event that the Contest cannot be conducted as planned for any reason, including those reasons beyond the control of the Sponsors, such as, as applicable, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or corruption of the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest and/or the Contest Website.
11. CONDUCT. By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to be bound by the Contest Rules, which will be posted at the Contest Website and at each of the in-store locations throughout the Contest Period. Entrant further agrees to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsors, which shall be final and binding in all respects. The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant found to be: (a) violating the Contest Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or the Contest Website (where applicable); (c) violating the terms of service, conditions of use and/or general rules or guidelines of any canada.com property or service; and/or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE CONTEST WEBSITE (WHERE APPLICABLE) OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
12. PRIVACY/USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.
(a) By participating in the Contest, entrant: (i) grants to the Sponsors the right to use his/her full name, mailing address, telephone number, e-mail address and/or age (the “Personal Information”) for the purpose of administering the Contest, including but not limited to contacting and announcing the Winners; (ii) grants to the Sponsors the right to use his/her Personal Information for publicity and promotional purposes relating to the Contest, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, without further compensation unless prohibited by law; and (iii) acknowledges that the Sponsors may disclose his/her Personal Information to third-party agents and service providers of any of the Sponsors in connection with any of the activities listed in (i) and (ii) above.
(b) By opting-in online or on the ballot you consent to Postmedia’s and any of its corporate affiliate’s use of your Personal Information to contact you to (i) promote draws, interactive features and contests similar to the Contest; (ii) promote opportunities to subscribe to Postmedia newsletters or promotional clubs; (iii) notify you about programs, special events and related products or services; and (iv) enter you into other Postmedia-sponsored draws and/or contests.
(c) By opting-in online or on the ballot you consent to Postmedia’s disclosure of your Personal Information to Maple Leaf Self Storage Inc. so that you may be contacted to (i) promote draws, interactive features and contests similar to the Contest; (ii) promote opportunities to subscribe to newsletters or promotional clubs; (iii) notify you about programs, special events and related products or services; and (iv) enter you into other draws and/or contests.
13. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by Postmedia, the Sponsors and/or their affiliates as applicable. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
14. TERMINATION. The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate the Contest, in whole or in part, and/or modify, amend or suspend the Contest, and/or the Contest Rules in any way, at any time, for any reason without prior notice.
15. LAW. These are the official Contest Rules. The Contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The Contest Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over the Sponsors. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Contest Rules or the rights and obligations as between the entrant and the Sponsors in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario including procedural provisions without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws.
16. LANGUAGE DISCREPANCY. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
17. NO ASSOCIATION. Maple Leaf is not in any way associated with the programs owned or operated by Postmedia, nor are the producers or distributors of such programs associated in any way with the Contest.